Wednesday 5 November 2014

Tasks List

There are many tasks that need to be completed in order to construct my coursework to the best of my ability to create a successful promotional campaign. Therefore in order to complete all the tasks I have created a list of tasks I need to complete, by doing this I will not forget any tasks that need to be created. Firstly, I will analyse a minimum of three horror trailers, identifying all the conventions included in a horror trailer. From this I can then make sure I include all of these conventions in my film trailer to achieve the best possible grade. When analysing a film trailer I will look at the way each character is introduced to the viewers as through marketing (the film trailer, poster and magazine front cover) this is where the viewer’s initially come to terms with the film and are able to see the protagonist and other characters included in the film. I will look at the camera shots and editing techniques used that worked best when filming my film trailer, thinking about including the camera shots and editing techniques that were successful in other film trailers in my own film trailer. As my film trailer will have a sub-genre as well, I have decided to analyse at least five trailers from that particular sub-genre. By analysing trailers from this particular sub-genre I am able to include all these conventions when creating my own film trailer.
After completing analysing film trailers from these genres I am then able to see what has previously been successful and can now include these conventions in my own film trailer. As we want our film to be mainly viewed by a particular target audience, we need to make sure that our film will appeal to our target audience. We will then need to research what films have appealed to our target audience and what type of films entertains those most. Through the use of online questionnaires directed at our target audience we are able to see a wide range of views from our target audience. This will be successful as after these questionnaires have been completed, as a group we are able to see what will appeal to them and make sure we include these elements in our own film trailer.
As a group we will then create the storyline of our film trailers, plotting a storyboard. As a group we are then able to research the plot, the locations we want our film trailer to be set in, mise-en-scene such as the costumes and props we want our actors to wear and use as well as the date and time of when we want to film to create an effective and successful film trailer. We are then able to create many drafts of our story board receiving feedback from our target audience by showing our target audience our story board drafts. By receiving feedback from our target audience we are able to see as a group what appeals to them and maybe what we need to change as a group which could make our film appeal to them even more. This way we are pleasing our target audience and encouraging them to view our trailer creating a successful promotional campaign.
After creating our film trailer, we will then each need to analyse film posters and film magazines as this is the next products we will be creating. By analysing film posters and film magazines we are able to see ourselves what has been successful and include these conventions in our own products, constructing a successful film poster and magazine to go alongside our film trailer to create a successful promotional campaign. When creating a film poster and magazine, I will create many drafts getting feedback from my target audience along the way to see what appeals to them and what I need to potentially change for my film poster and magazine to encourage my target audience to see my film.

1 comment: