Friday 5 December 2014

Reflection on planning and pre-production work

Overall, reflecting on my planning and pre-production work I believe this has helped me as an individual and as a group (Me, Lydia and Ella) in numerous of ways. It has given me a clear vision in what I need to complete in order for my production work to appeal to my target audience in the best possible way. By completing all the individual planning and pre-production work coming up with different ideas and storylines then merging our work together to create a new storyline for our film.

Initially starting with a task list of a rough set of tasks in which we needed to complete to construct our coursework to the best of our ability. Then going on to analyse film trailers and film posters of successful action thriller films such as Fast & Furious 6, The Dark Knight, Gone Girl, Face/Off, The Bourne Ultimatum, Taken and so on gave us a clearer idea on all the conventions that needed to be included in order to conform our own action thriller film. Therefore this itself links back to the specification stating "The purpose of this unit is firstly to asses candidates' ability to plan and construct media products using appropriate technical and creative skills (AO3)" which I believe I am meeting the needs of the brief well.

In addition to this, I also believe that I am meeting the needs of my target audience whom are predominately female, sixteen to twenty four year olds and who are London based. I know I have been meeting their needs through surveys and constant feedback throughout my coursework from my target audience. I have taken into consideration all the elements of my coursework they think are effective as well as the elements in which they think could be improved and acted upon them. For example, the name of my original film was "Obses" due to the fact the Latin meaning of this word means security linking this back to our institution name "Uada films"; uada meaning haunted. As a group we thought this would be a good link with the latin meanings, however target audience feedback suggested otherwise. Our target audience were confused by the name as they thought we meant 'obsess' but had a spelling mistake throughout, due to this reason we decided to change the name of our film to "Obsess" as after all our target audience are London based and do not speak Latin. This now means that all my final promotional campaign products (film trailer, film poster and magazine front cover) will not promote the film "Obsess".

No comments:

Post a Comment